You’ve probably heard a few success stories about DIY window installations. While it’s certainly not impossible, consider that your windows are essential to keeping your home comfortable and your energy bills low. This means you should get it right the first time.
Even if you’re installing pre-made replacement windows, you still need the time, skills, tools, and a good grasp of the installation instructions. Often, it is best to simply hire professionals for your window replacement in Aurora IL. In addition to the following advantages, you may even save more money in the long run.
- Professionals have experience and training. Most manufacturers only allow their products to be installed by contractors who passed their training and certification tests. This means consistency in every installation, done with the right tools and techniques. They are also more likely to notice issues that you could have overlooked, and make suggestions on how to fix it.
- They work much faster. A full-frame window replacement requires up to six hours per window, much longer if it’s DIY. Contractors can adjust their manpower as needed, so they can finish on schedule – something you can’t do by yourself. You wouldn’t risk this especially if you’re experiencing abrupt weather shifts.
- More value for the materials. The bill of materials would be roughly the same, whether you buy a pre-assembled window or make one yourself. You also have to buy tools that you probably won’t use again; even pre-assembled replacement windows come with a list of tools you have to use. Hiring professionals are likely much better.
- Professionals have insurance. Professionals practice industry standard safety measures during window installation in Aurora IL, including use of protective gear. Insurance is important in case of a mishap or breakage. In fact you shouldn’t hire contractors who don’t have insurance, otherwise your own insurance will have to cover for it.
- Better warranties. Many window manufacturers would have some kind of limited warranty on their products, but if problems arise due to improper installation, you’d be on your own. Some offer lifetime warranties, which is a big plus. Any reputable and reliable contractor should be able to offer a generous labor warranty on top of the manufacturer’s warranty for your windows in Aurora, IL.
Next Door and Window has been serving Chicago area residents for many years. We have the skills and experience necessary to assure you of a great installation. If you would like to know more about the benefits of professionally installed replacement windows, call us today at (855) 893-6100 or fill out our form.
Comments are closed.